When it comes to the world of dating, taking the perspective of the other party in the relationship is very important. Wouldn’t it be nice if we could just understand how attraction works for men, how it really works? Although every man is different, and will be attracted to and by different things and different women, there are a few commonalities that men will be attracted to. Some of them are slow to percolate, others are pretty obvious and can be used from the get-go. The key to every successful relationship is knowing what these keys to the attraction are, and sustaining them over the long term. How attraction works for men is much easier than many women think. Here are a few key points to get you started.
Five Ways Attraction Works For Men
- Beauty. A no brainer right? Men like hot women. Hot women increase attraction in men. The world of advertising is built on this notion. A beautiful woman is something special to a man, and when a beautiful woman pays attention to him, and maybe even likes him, he is instantly attracted. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and every man will be attracted to different kinds of beauty, but a hot girl is a very hard thing to refuse for any warm-blooded member of the male species. You don’t need to look like Jennifer Aniston. Always look great around the man you are interested in, and his wheels of attraction will always be working.
- He feels good around her. A man’s level of attraction towards one particular woman will increase if he always feels good around her. He will also on occasion be attracted to other women who make him feel good around them, but if he has one girlfriend or is married, his attraction to that woman will deepen over time because she has this way of making him feel great. She compliments him all of the time, says thank you when he does something nice, and she never seems to get caught up in drama or games or conflict. This kind of woman is easy to feel good around, and when he finds this, his attraction will increase and he will simply want to be around her more.
- She forgives easily. Women who constantly nag their boyfriend or partner over every little thing become less and less attractive to their man over time. If something comes up and she pooh-poohs it as no big deal, or expresses gratitude for an apology and lets things go, she becomes very attractive to him. This sends him the message that as they go through life together, she will not hang on to the small stuff. It goes back to being easy to be with. This can hold true from the first date to the 50th anniversary. If he spills his wine on you on the first date and you freak out, he will remember that moment for many days, weeks even, after the fact.
- Confidence is sexy. Men rate confident women as one of the most appealing kinds of women to be with. A woman who knows who she is but doesn’t flaunt it, isn’t afraid to go after what she wants but acts like her life doesn’t depend on it and isn’t afraid to call someone’s bluff or call someone out is very sexy to a man. This is not something you can fake; if it isn’t real, he will catch on very soon. This kind of confidence is the same thing that increases attraction in women. If a man is bold enough to go after you, you find it sexy. The same concept applies both ways. If you carry yourself in the world like you intrinsically don’t care what other people think of you, he will be very, very attracted.
- A woman’s smile has power. This is one of the easiest ways to create attraction in a man, and many women overlook this all-important rule. Women who smile frequently have active social lives because they are all of the above points rolled into one. They are confident, prettier, easy to be with and probably quick to forgive if they are smiling a lot. A smile to a man you’ve never met before sends the message that you are approachable. A smile to a man whom you are dating sends the message that you still like him and find him easy to be with. A smile to the man you are married to says, “Everything is going to be okay no matter what we are talking about or doing today.” Women forget how powerful their smile is, and it is such an easy tool to use to create attraction in men.
The bottom line with understanding how attraction works in men is to not put too much thought into it. Overthinking this may well just backfire. This is another one of those cases where men are much simpler creatures than we think. Smile more, look great without trying too hard, be easy to be around, forgive easily and don’t act like the world depends on him calling you back, and he will think you are too good to be true. As you master these principles, his attraction will increase.