Do you feel like you’ve met the perfect guy and are just waiting for him to drop those three little love words? Have you been dating someone for what feels like forever and you still don’t know where you stand? Are you trying to take things to the next level with him but don’t want to pressure him into running the other direction? The truth is you can’t make anyone love you, man or woman, but you can create a relationship that will inspire him to love you exactly the way you love him ¾ here’s how.
- Be easy to be around. Easygoing is in the top five list of traits that most men are looking for when it comes to “the one.” If you are texting him 70 times a day to find out where he is and what he’s doing, you aren’t going to look like the easygoing type. Being the cool girlfriend will make him fall in love with you faster than being the girlfriend that looks like Barbie.
- Feed his ego. It may sound sexist, but this works for both genders. You want to be around people who compliment you more than you want to be around people who don’t, right? You want him to call you beautiful, and he wants you to compliment him just as much. There is an art to complimenting a man appropriately and regularly without looking like a stalker. Practice this art; every time he picks you up, tell him that’s your new favorite sweater of his. Then reciprocate a compliment for every one that he gives you. It doesn’t sound fake if it isn’t fake, and feeding his ego will make him want to be around you more.
- Take the initiative once in a while. As much as he loves the thrill of chasing you, he loves to know that you want to chase him a little bit back. This not only feeds his ego, but it also takes some of the pressure off of him. Men won’t chase women that they think they can’t get, so chase him a little bit and he will fall in love with you faster than if you didn’t.
- Always smell great. Looking attractive for him is obviously a good thing, but the sense of smell triggers much deeper responses in men than looks alone. The smell system in their brains (the olfactory system) is connected to the feeling system in their brains (the limbic system) and in yours too. That’s why you get warm and fuzzy every time you smell mom’s pot roast. Smelling great triggers these emotions in him that make him want to be with you as much as possible. Unlike looks, whenever he smells these things when he’s not around you, he will immediately think of you. This is a powerful trigger that not many people give enough credit.
- Be open. Once again, men won’t drop those three little words until they are almost absolutely sure that she is going to say them back. If you are too busy playing hard to get, are guarded and are too afraid to open up a bit, he will back off because you are no longer a sure thing. This is one of the hardest steps to falling in love, but once you rip off the Band-Aid, it’s nothing but sweetness after that.
- Need him. This goes back to the primal issue of the hunt. When men feel like they are the only ones able to provide or help one particular woman, their alpha instinct crops up and they want to be around her to help her more. You can be confident and sexy and still ask him to open a jar for you once in a while.
- Whisper in his ear. There’s something about a woman whispering in his ear that makes him feel special. It’s almost naughty, but it’s also intimate. You are telling him something that you aren’t telling anybody else, and this makes him feel special. When he feels special around you, it triggers a bonding moment that you just won’t be able to trigger with the sexiest dress in your closet.
When it comes to getting a man to fall in love with you, it requires some vulnerability on your part, as well as some well-placed cues and flirts. Knowing what will tap into those emotional triggers is all you need to get him to fall in love with you. Be the easygoing girlfriend who doesn’t sweat the small stuff, and yet practice those tips that will help you make him feel like the only man in your life. When he’s confident that you will return his affections by making him feel special, he won’t be able to help but fall head-over-heels.